2018 OVERALL ACADEMICS EXCELLENCE IN SOUTH AFRICA
MARY ABOSEDE ADEDOYIN
Dr. Mary Abosede Adedoyin is an Engineer, Lecturer and a Researcher based at the University of Cape Town, Western Cape. Dr. Adedoyin holds a B.Sc. and M. Sc. in Electronic and Computer Engineering in 2007 and 2012 respectively from Lagos State University, Lagos, Nigeria. In pursuit of her PHD candidacy, she enrolled at the Department of Electrical Engineering. University of Cape Town, Western Cape in 2015.
Academic Awards and Laurels
- In her first year of PHD, Dr. Adedoyin won the UCT incoming international student award. In the same year, she was among the outstanding 60 female Engineering students selected across different universities in South Africa by the South Africa Women in Engineering to participate in a one-week mentoring and empowerment programme held in Cape Town, South Africa.
- In 2016, she was awarded National Research Foundation (NRF) innovation Doctoral Scholarship.
- She also won N^2 Women Young Researcher Fellowship due to her outstanding publication at the 27th IEEE International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications (IEEE PIMRC 2016).
- In 2016, Dr. Adedoyin’s outstanding performance in research landed her position of Research Assistant in charge of publication at Broadband Networks and Application at UCT.
- Between 2015 and 2017, her works also attracted several conference grants from UCT, IEEE Women in Engineering, N2Women organisation, CoE, and NRF to attend conferences in Hermanus - South Africa, Kuala Lumpur - Malaysia, Valencia - Spain, Oulu - Finland, Barcelona - Spain, Nice - France, La Spezia - Italy, Montreal - Canada.
- In 2017, she won two best paper awards from IEEE PIMRC 2017 held in Montreal, Canada and 20th Annual Southern Africa Telecommunication Networks and Application Conference (SATNAC 2017) held on the Freedom of the Seas, Royal Caribbean International, Barcelona.
- She completed her PHD in record time in 2017 and her thesis for which she received Grade A from three examiners.
- Her PHD publications have already have attracted 20 citations according to the google scholar report. Dr. Adedoyin was conferred with Doctoral degree on 3 April 2018
- Dr. Adedoyin’s academic goal is to become an outstanding academic in Engineering specialising in Telecommunications.